I’m currently part of 21 Group Boards and try to be a part of more and more every day. I’ll make the first one nice and easy for you, and invite you to join my Group Board for all things Blogging Related. Click below to join!
– Blogging and Online Business Group Board
With most group boards, there is a simple process you are going to follow;
- Find and Follow the actual Pinterest Group Board
- Find and Follow the Pinterest Group Board Administrator
- Send the Administrator a quick email letting them know you have completed Steps 1 and 2 and would like to join their group. You need to make sure to include the email you have associated with your Pinterest Account so they can easily find your profile.
You can download the sample email below I used to send to the administrators of the groups I’m in and use that as your foundation. Clearly you know it works if I got accepted to that many group boards.
Pinterest Group Board Steps
- Find and Follow the actual Pinterest Group Board. Before you decide to follow a board for the sole purpose of joining as a contributor, read the description. A lot of the larger boards out there are no longer accepting contributors. Now it won’t hurt if you decide to follow them anyway as that just means a lot of the great content in that board will show up in your Pinterest feed. I have made sure that all of the boards added below were accepting contributors as of today. I’m not looking to waste your time! Any of these could change though going forward!
As you can see in the description of this board, they want you to follow the board and then send an email requesting to join the board as a contributor. Not all boards will require that you also follow the group’s administrator but it can only help your case if they are gaining you as a follower also. It’s a win win situation and why I always do it even if they don’t ask.
2. Find and Follow the Pinterest Group Board Administrator. See how I circled that icon for Step 2 above? The very first person you see listed in the group board is the board creator and main administrator. If you click on that icon, it will take you to that person’s Pinterest Account and you can click on “Follow”. Don’t forget what I said above, you might not need to follow the administrator but it will absolutely work in your favor!!!
3. Email the Administrator. As you can see in the description above, they have given you the exact email address they want you to send an email to requesting to join the group board. Make sure you say that you have followed the group board and the administrator, and provide the email address associated with your Pinterest account.
Top Pinterest Group Boards
Keep in mind there are a whole bunch of boards out there. The ones I have included are ones that I am currently participating in and that were still accepting contributors at the time of writing this. You will find a whole bunch of Pinterest Group Board lists out there with the most massive boards, but most of them aren’t accepting contributor, so as far as I’m concerned that is useless to you and me.
Pinterest Group Board Mayhem
Was that as intense for you as it was for me? Good news is I found a whole bunch more boards that I’ve now also requested to join while working on this post and I think I’ve given you a ridiculously solid foundation for starting with your Pinterest Group Boards. If you’re stuck on anything don’t hesitate to shoot me a quick email, and I can’t wait to see your request come through to join my board – Blogging and Online Business Group Board!
Now that you’ve got your group board game on point, it’s time to really step it up a notch and read this next article:
Top Pinterest Tips to Sky-Rocket Blog Traffic
See you next time!